Harmony Kingdom Cow Town Manatee Treasure Jest
- On the outside of the box figurine, you will see a mirror and comb. These are the traditional "attributes" of a mermaid. The plaster on the tail of one is a reference to the dreadful wounds inflicted by the propellers of sightseers.
- Inside the trinket box is a bitten propeller – a symbol of wished for retaliation (which will never come, for the manatee is a placid and loving creature), shells, a Pearl Jam jar, a fob with RW 2000, and of course, the Florida keys. "JB Rules", inscribed on the edge of the interior, is an accolade to Jimmy Buffett, president of Save the Manatee and popular singer.
- Artist: David Lawrence
- Original Carving Date: 1998
- Collection: Royal Watch Collector's Club - Club Redemption Piece
- Dimensions: 2.48" wide, 5.28" long, 3.27" high
Living in rustic obscurity, master carver David Lawrence had a bit of trouble getting sufficient reference to create this box figurine. The first version had several errors, the most obvious of which was a bifurcated fluke (two finned tail), which made it not a manatee, but a dugong. Fortunately while in Chicago during the 1998 ICE several HK enthusiasts came to David's rescue and supplied ample missing pieces to the jigsaw.
In-house stock photos. As with any hand-tinted product, item received will be similar but unique.